I know that this is a week old, but I ahve been very busy regarding this. I will post some stuff here about it, but I’m not going to comment completely about this for a bit because it pretains directly to business consulting that I do in the ticketing industry. As I said, I ahve been busy regarding this, a lot of folks are asking questions… 🙂
But here are some of the things (not a complete list) of things that you should question….
- What will happen to ticket prices?
- What will happen to service charges?
- How is this going to impact artists/groups?
- What is going to happen to the buyer data (that is what live nation says this is about)?
- Will bands/artists/labels have access to this too, or just Live Nation?
- Will they sell the purchasing history data?
- Is the ticketing business model going to change, and if so, how? (this is the one that I think is most interesting :-))